opportunity awaits unemployed graduates who wish to explore their different fields as they will meet and work alongside great minds at the Stellenbosch University Psychologists Internships program 2022.
This will be the best thing to happen to many graduates as it will be a dream come through and a stepping stone to greatness, The Stellenbosch University Psychologists Internships program is designed to help graduates.
Internship Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Internship Closing Date: 11 May 2022
- Delivering psychological services to students, prospective students, as well as scholars (Grade R – 7), including psychometric assessment, academic counselling, career development counselling and psychotherapy;
- Presenting workshops;
- Writing psychological reports;
- Conducting intake interviews;
- Performing administrative tasks;
- Participating in individual and group supervision;
- Case presentations;
- Conducting relevant research to support case work.
- Proof of registration or proof of successful completion of a structured Master’s programme in Educational Psychology;
- A completed module in Career Counselling at Master’s level;
- Knowledge of and experience in a narrative approach to career counselling;
- A scientific-practical approach to the development of essential skills to foster student success;
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act No. 38 of 2005 and the application thereof;
- Knowledge and experience with regards to therapeutic interventions of younger children and parents;
- Experience in compiling and facilitating group work sessions;
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa as Intern Psychologist in Educational Psychology on appointment;
- Computer proficiency;
- The ability to work under pressure;
- The ability to work effectively in a team;
- The ability to work according to a fixed schedule in a structured environment and deliver a quality service.